Original Post from my Patreon page – check it out and thanks for your support!
I admit when I made an account here I was a little intimidated by the process. I had just launched my latest project, The Bad Writer’s Podcast, and I was desperate to figure out how I was going to make this platform work for me. I still don’t really know – the only thing I’m sure of is that my chances of failing miserably are high. Oh, well. At least I’m likely to learn something.
As you can see I’ve made some changes. When I first launched the podcast series, I made separate social media accounts for it. Even though it was a part of me, I wanted to see if it could stand on its own legs. Truth be told, it was exhausting to keep up and eventually became one of the reasons I took a break from recording.
I’ve decided to go the other way in 2020: like I said earlier, the podcast is a part of me, a part of my creative journey, my efforts to reach out and make connections with other daring, terrified souls venturing down this unknown road. Why would I try to pretend anything different?
So, I’m deactivating The Bad Writer’s Podcast SM pages – twitter, Instagram, the whole shebang. The episodes are still available on all the listening platforms that I could get an RSS feed for, and I’m still looking for feedback, comments and questions from listeners or would-be listeners. From now on however, I would appreciate it if all that came to me directly through my Twitter and Instagram accounts.
This “merge” for lack of a better word is also why I’ve decided to alter my Patreon profile. Yes, I plan to continue the podcast in the future – I don’t know when, but it will happen. For now, I’ve decided to switch it from a page strictly supporting to show and ask patrons to instead consider supporting me, the creative force behind it. This allows me to share all the other things I’ve been working on, to continue to open up and make transparent this difficult, difficult journey to fulfill these creative dreams.
So, here’s what you can expect to find on this page, given the changes ahead:
– Original work. Mind, I’m trying to get stories published in official capacities, but I’m not above making some available to the public or at least to those who pledge their support. I write about real things in magical settings, just in case you were curious.
– Repostings of ranting blog posts. For those of you who don’t know, my website is rebeccafisherwrites.com. I blog occasionally on there, and will make those same posts available on my page here on Patreon. Cuz why not, right? (Honestly, once my subscription is up with wordpress I might just delete that site in favor of using Patreon only. It’s cheaper and seems to be where you guys are at.)
– Moments of Truth. We creatives are full of doubts, demons, and questions. Even though it can be really hard for me sometimes, I’m going to do my best to open my heart and share these with you as they come. I know I’m not the only one going through it and maybe, just maybe, sharing my stories will help someone else through their hard times too.
– Discussion posts/writing prompts. I want to hear from you, without dealing with the spammy mess that is SM. I’m all but swearing off them, so if you want to connect me with, here is the way to do it.
– Updates! I’m working on shit and sending it out into the world. I want to tell you about how that goes just so you have a better idea of what that actually looks like.
– Pretty things I make when I’m bored at my computer. Motivational quotes, promo photos for my books (or yours), etc. I (want to) make stuff up for a living: who knows what will come of it.
– Podcast stuff. Again, The Bad Writer’s Podcast is NOT dead. It’s just… in remission. When it’s time to start up again, you will be the first to know.
– Other stuff! The more support you can give me, the more cool stuff I can do. The possibilities are endless and I can’t wait to see what we can come up with together.
So thanks, creatives. I have to get back to editing the latest in my short story collection, but I hope I get to talk to you all again very soon. I love you and I wish you the best in all your endeavors.
See you soon…